82-Training and staff development professionals
Training and staff development professionals
Plan, develop, implement and evaluate training and development programs to ensure management and staff acquire the skills and develop the competencies required by organizations to meet organizational objectives. They may also conduct and/or coordinate the delivery of training by PEER professionals.
Training and staff development professionals design and conduct/coordinate training and development programs for staff/client-departments to improve individual and organizational performance and produce measurable results. May analyze training needs and workforce development requirements across an organization. They also plan, develop, implement and evaluate programs. They may also be required to deploy cross-disciplinary expertise in the fields of education and business in the delivery of the programs.
Job activities and tasks include:
- identifying training needs and requirements of individuals and organizations
- setting human resource development objectives and evaluating learning outcomes
- preparing and developing instructional training material and aids such as Handbooks, visual aids, online tutorials, demonstration models, and supporting training reference documentation
- designing, coordinating, scheduling and conducting training and development programs that can be delivered in the form of individual and group instruction, and facilitating workshops, meetings, demonstrations and conferences
- liaising with external training providers to arrange delivery of specific training and development programs
- promoting internal and external training and development, and evaluating these promotional activities
- monitoring and performing ongoing evaluation and assessment of internal and external training quality and effectiveness, and reviewing and modifying training objectives, methods and course deliverables
- gathering, investigating and researching background materials to gain an understanding of various subject matters and systems
Higher specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Work in offices at private and public organizations and may deliver training at a workplace or site. They may visit employees and other management at their workplaces, and travel to conferences, meetings and training centres in country and overseas.
Diploma in training and development or related fields of work, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 years and above.
ADNOC, EMAL, DUBAL, Mubadala, Abu Dhabi Shipbuilding, Etihad Airways, Emirates Airlines, Union National Bank, Chamber of Commerce in each Emirate
Less than 5,000
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Training officer - Workforce development specialist
Examples of some related occupations:
Corporate trainer - Computer training specialist - Job training specialist - Management development specialist - Trainer and assessor - Training coordinator - Training specialist
E-learning developer - Technical trainer - Manager of staff training and development
Training and development coordinator - Training director - Training manager - Development manager - Director of educational services - Director of staff development Learning manager
UAE Industry Groups:
Government, public administration and education services
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi