81-Teaching professionals not elsewhere classified
Teaching professionals not elsewhere classified
Teach, academic instruction or provide tutoring services in a specific skill or subject and/ or educational/vocational guidance or counselling services to individuals or small groups of children or adults.
Teaching professionals not classified elsewhere and does not include teaching professionals herein. Teaching professionals therefore include those who provide private tuition in subjects other than foreign languages and the arts, and those who provide educational counselling to students. It may be for proactive or remedial purposes.
In such cases tasks performed would include :
- assessing students? level of ability and determining learning needs
- planning, preparing and delivering programs of study, lessons and workshops for individual students and groups
- preparing and presenting material on the theory of the subject area being studied
- instructing and demonstrating practical aspects of the subject area being studied
- assigning exercises and work relevant to students? level of ability, interests and aptitude
- assessing students and offering advice, criticism and encouragement
- revising curricula, course content, course materials and methods of instruction preparing students for examinations and assessments
- counselling students regarding educational issues such as course and program selection, class scheduling, school adjustment, truancy, study habits, and career planning
- counselling students to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioural problems affecting their education
- preparing students for later educational experiences by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks
Higher specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Work in a variety of places including primary and secondary schools, commercial premises, such as tutoring franchises, community centres and halls or their own or students? homes.
Bachelor of Education/Counselling or specific field of work/discipline, higher qualification or equivalent and in some instances may require a post graduate qualification in education and/or speciality subject area.
Required Work Experience:
5 years and above
Institute of Applied Technology, Masdar Institute, Abu Dhabi Education Council, Ministry of education, Higher Colleges of Technology, UAE Ministry of Education, NIVE, ADVETI, Zayed University, UAEU, Higher Colleges of Technology
Less than 5,000
Higher than the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Literacy tutor (private tuition) - Mathematics coach (private tuition) - School counsellor
Examples of some related occupations:
University lecturer - Vocational education teacher - Secondary school teacher - Primary school teacher - Intensive language teacher - Migrant education teacher - Music teacher (private tuition) - Dance teacher (private tuition) - Drama teacher (private tuition) - Painting teacher (private tuition) - Sculpture teacher (private tuition) - Visual art tutor (private tuition) - Tutor - Student services officer - Educational psychologist - Family counsellor - Social worker
UAE Industry Groups:
Government, public administration and education services
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi