77- Primary school teachers
Primary school teachers
Educate primary school children, by planning and conducting a recognized and approved education program to develop literacy, numeracy and the physical, emotional, intellectual and social growth of their students.
Primary school teachers teach a range of subjects at the primary education level. Teach students in one or more subjects in public or private schools at the primary, middle, intermediate, or junior high level, which falls between elementary and senior high school as defined by applicable laws and regulations.
Job activities and tasks include:
- preparing daily and longer term lesson plans in accordance with curriculum guidelines
- instructing children individually and in groups, using various teaching methods and materials (e;g; computers, books, games), adapting to children?s varying needs
- maintaining discipline and good working habits in the classroom
- planning and conduct activities with the children such as sporting activities, concerts and excursions
- assigning and grading class work and homework
- preparing, administering, and grading tests and assignments to evaluate children?s progress
- observing and evaluating children?s performance and behaviour
- supervising children during classes and at other times in the school day, including the playground during breaks
- participating in staff meetings and other sessions, and conferring with other teachers concerning educational issues
- preparing for and attending parent meetings to discuss children?s progress and problems
Specialist knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work and/or discipline
Work in a structured and conducive learning environment with the need to continually update subject knowledge and teaching methods through private study and professional development activities.
Bachelor of Education or specific cycle/discipline, higher qualification or equivalent and in some instances may require a post graduate qualification in education and/or speciality subject area.
Required Work Experience:
5 years and above
ABC Primary School, Abu Dhabi International School, The American Community, School of Abu Dhabi, Ministry of education
More than 30,000 with a particular acute shortage of male teachers
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Primary school teacher - Early childhood educator
Examples of some related occupations:
Arabic teacher - English teacher - Math teacher (mathematics teacher) - Social studies teacher - Science teacher - Language teacher - High school English/Arabic teacher - Secondary teacher - Art teacher - History teacher - Primary teacher - Primary teacher - Primary school principal - Early childhood teacher - Education officer - Public education officer - Physical education teacher - Special education teacher - Music teacher
UAE Industry Groups:
Government, public administration and education services
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi