65-Nursing associate professionals
Nursing associate professionals
Provide acute, preventative, curative and rehabilitative nursing care in hospitals, hospices, aged-care facilities, the community and other healthcare centres and settings under the direction and supervision of registered nurses and other medical professionals and practitioners.
Nursing associate professionals provide basic nursing and personal care for people in need of such care due to effects of ageing, illness, injury, or other physical or mental impairment. They generally work under the supervision of, and in support of implementation of health care, treatment and referrals plans established by, medical, nursing and other health professionals. Maybe required to be licensed, registered or certified to be permitted to work by a government authority, agency or approved certifying body.
Job activities and tasks include:
- providing nursing and personal care and treatment and health advice to patients as per care plans established by health professionals
- administering medications and other treatments to patients, monitoring patients? condition and responses to treatment, and referring patients and their families to a health professional for specialized care as needed
- cleaning wounds and applying surgical dressings
- updating information on patients? condition and treatments received in records-keeping systems
- assisting in planning and managing the care of individual patients
- assisting in giving first-aid treatment in emergencies
Specialist knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work and/or discipline
Often undertake shift work in hospitals, clinics, rest homes, hospices and nursing homes. May be required to lift and move patients, or do household work, and can be on their feet for most of the day. They may also be exposed to diseases and have contact with body fluids. May travel locally to patients? homes, and may sometimes be required to stay overnight at a patient?s home.
Diploma/Associate degree in nursing/health assistant, enrolled nurse or related field of work/discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
3 - 4 years and above
SEHA, Latifa Hospital, Khalifa Hospital (different branches)
than 5,000 and less than 30,000
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Associate professional nurse - Assistant nurse - Enrolled nurse - Practical nurse
Examples of some related occupations:
Professional nurse - Clinical nurse consultant - Specialist nurse - Professional midwife - Associate professional midwife - Nursing assistant - Nursing aide (hospital or clinic) - Nursing aide (home)
UAE Industry Groups:
Community, health and social services
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi