61- Health professionals not elsewhere classified
Health professionals not elsewhere classified
Provide diagnostic, preventive, curative and rehabilitative health services not covered by recognized main stream health professionals and not classified under the main stream health professionals group. They include such occupations as podiatrist, occupational therapist, recreational therapist, chiropractor, osteopath and other professionals.
Health professionals not classified in health professionals (main group) and include such occupations as podiatrist, occupational therapist, recreational therapist, chiropractor, osteopath and other professionals providing diagnostic, preventive, curative and rehabilitative health services. Typically, these other health professionals provide health services related to dentistry, pharmacy, environmental health and hygiene, occupational health and safety, physiotherapy, nutrition, hearing, speech, vision and rehabilitation therapies. Also included are all other human health professionals. Excluded are doctors, traditional and complementary medicine practitioners, veterinarians, nurses, midwives and paramedical professionals. Some occupations may require registration or licensure to be permitted to work as a prerequisite with a relevant authority or agency.
Job activities and tasks include:
- interviewing patients and conducting diagnostic tests to determine their health status, functional limitations and the nature of physical or mental disorders, illnesses or other health problems
- developing and implementing treatment plans for injuries, illnesses and other physical and mental impairments
- evaluating and documenting patients? progress through treatment plans, and referring patients and families to medical doctors or other health care providers for specialized, rehabilitative or other care services as needed
- administering therapeutic care and treatment to patients, including through application of manual and physical chiropractic and osteopathic techniques
- recommending environmental adaptations in the home, leisure, work and school environments on an individual or group basis to enable individuals with functional limitations to perform their daily activities and occupations
- planning and implementing therapeutic programs on an individual and group basis for improving and maintaining physical, cognitive, emotional and social functioning, including through the use of arts and crafts, dance and movement, music and other recreational activities
- identifying and prescribing treatments for conditions affecting the foot, ankle and related structures of the leg due to illness, disease or other physical impairment, and prescribing corrective footwear and advising on foot care to manage foot ailments
- performing minor surgical procedures such as on the foot and ankles
Higher specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Work in the public or private sector and may be required to work in an array of health related places. May sometimes have to deal with unpleasant conditions due to a patient?s illness or injury. Adopting strict hygiene practices is important. Depending on their area of specialization they may have to work shift, long, demanding and/or irregular hours. This may include working on weekends and at night or being on call 24 hours a day.
Bachelor degree in specific field of work/discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 years and above
Health Authority, Abu Dhabi Health Company, Ministry of Health
Less than 5,000
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Arts therapist - Chiropractor - Dance and movement therapist - Occupational therapist - Osteopath - Podiatrist - Recreational therapist
Examples of some related occupations:
Arts therapist - Dance and movement therapist - Occupational therapist - Podiatrist - Recreational therapist
UAE Industry Groups:
Community, health and social services
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi