53-Social welfare managers
Social welfare managers
Plans, organizes, directs, controls and coordinates a centre, program or project concerned with social welfare support.
Social welfare managers plan, direct, and coordinate the provision of social and community service programs such as income support, family assistance, children?s services and other community programs and services. It may include overseeing program or organizational budgets and policies regarding patient involvement, program requirements, and benefits. Work may involve directing social workers, counsellors, or probation officers.
Job activities and tasks include:
- providing overall direction and management for a service, facility, organization or centre
- developing, implementing and monitoring procedures, policies and standards for staff
- monitoring and evaluating resources devoted to the provision of welfare, housing, and other social services
- controlling administrative operations such as budget planning, report preparation, expenditure on supplies, equipment and services
- liaising with other welfare and health services providers, boards and funding bodies to discuss areas of health and welfare service cooperation and coordination
- advising government bodies about measures to improve welfare services and facilities
- representing the organization in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums
- establishing and managing budgets, controlling expenditure and ensuring the efficient use of resources
- establishing and directing operational and administrative procedures
- overseeing the selection, training and performance of staff
Advanced specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Social Work is a vast field and the job prospects of a social worker is not specific to a particular field. Social workers deal with persons, families, organizations and groups.
Bachelor degree in social welfare services, community and social development or relevant field of work/discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 - 7 years and above
Family Development Foundation, UAE Red Crescent, Zakat Fund
Less than 5,000
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Community centre manager - Family services manager - Housing services manager - Welfare centre manager
Examples of some related occupations:
Program director - Social services director - Program manager - Vocational rehabilitation administrator - Adoption services manager - Children?s service supervisor - Clinical services director - Community services block grant/outreach social worker (outreach social worker) - Director of child welfare services - Director of social services - Welfare centre manager - Public administration and safety - Health care and social assistance
UAE Industry Groups:
Community, health and social services
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi