50-Child care services managers
Child care services managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate the academic and non-academic activities of preschool and childcare centres or programs, as well may operate/manage the centre.
Child care service managers plan, direct, and coordinate and evaluate the provision of care for children in before-school, after-school, vacation and day care centres and services. They may also include successfully operating a preschool on one site or multiple sites. Also, they may be required to hire, train, manage and oversee the preschool staff, budget and building program and servicing to ensure quality early childhood education.
Job activities and tasks include:
- developing and implementing programs to enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of young children
- establishing and monitoring budgets and determining allocation of funds for staff, supplies, materials, equipment and maintenance
- overseeing and coordinating the provision care for children in before-school, after-school, day, and vacation care centres
- directing and supervising child carers in providing care and supervision for young children
- managing physical facilities and making sure all buildings and equipment are maintained to ensure the centre is a safe area for children, staff and visitors
- reviewing and interpreting government codes, and developing procedures to meet codes (e;g;, concerning safety and security) monitoring children?s progress and conferring with parents or guardians
- preparing and maintaining records and accounts for a child care centre
- recruiting and evaluating staff and coordinating their professional development
Advanced specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Childcare work may be undertaken in childcare centres, home, or the homes of the children in their care. Hours range from full time to part-time work and may include irregular hours.
Advanced Diploma/Higher Diploma in preschool or child care services, or relevant field of work/discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 - 6 years and above
Zayed Higher Organization for Humanitarian Care and Special Needs, Awqaf and Minors Affairs Foundation, Family Development Foundation
Less than 5,000
Examples of job titles: Child care centre manager
Examples of some related occupations:
Child development improvers - Child behaviour talent - Child psychologists - Preschool director - Preschool administrator - Preschool director - Preschool site coordinator - Executive director - Child care director - Childcare director - Early head start director - Education coordinator - Education director
UAE Industry Groups:
Community, health and social services
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi