43-Air conditioning and refrigeration mechanics
Air conditioning and refrigeration mechanics
Air conditioning and refrigeration mechanics assemble, install, maintain and repair air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment.
Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics install, maintain, repair and overhaul residential central air conditioning systems, commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and combined heating, ventilation and cooling systems. Refrigeration and air conditioning may be self?employed or employed by refrigeration and air conditioning contractors, utilities, operations and maintenance departments of various facilities.
Job activities and tasks include:
- interpreting blueprints, drawings or other specifications
- assembling, installing and repairing components such as compressors, motors, condensers, evaporators, switches and gauges for air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- connecting piping and equipment by bolting, riveting, welding or brazing
- testing systems, diagnosing faults and performing routine maintenance or servicing
- advise clients on different refrigeration/air-conditioning systems
- consult with clients and refrigeration/air-conditioning design engineers about system installation
- install or oversee the installation of refrigeration/air-conditioning systems
- check that systems comply with their design
- test and balance systems once they are installed
- repair and maintain existing refrigeration/air-conditioning systems
- diagnose problems in existing refrigeration/air-conditioning systems
Knowledge of laws, regulations, standards and codes of the UAE and specific Emirates related to refrigeration and air conditioning in the industrial, commercial and residential industry sectors and more general subjects including OHSE and cultural understanding and awareness
Work indoors and outdoors: on construction sites or container ships, in commercial buildings such as hospitals, supermarkets and industrial and process factories/warehouses as well as residential buildings. They can work in warm or cool conditions. They may also work at heights on ladders and scaffolding or in confined spaces such as ceilings.
Secondary School Certificate, Certificate in refrigeration and air conditioning or related field of work, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
3 - 4 years and above
Al Futtaim Group, Bin Humoodah Group, Abu Dhabi Farms Service Centre
More than 30,000
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Air conditioning equipment mechanic - Refrigeration mechanic
Examples of some related occupations:
Heating and air conditioning mechanics and installers - Refrigeration mechanics and installers - Service technicians - Heating, ventilation, air conditioning service technician (HVAC service technician) - Heating, ventilation, air conditioning technician (HVAC Technician) - Heating, ventilation, air conditioning installer (HVAC Installer) - HVAC Specialist (Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning specialist) - HVAC Technician (Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning technician) - Air conditioning technician (AC technician) - Heating, ventilation, air conditioning mechanic (HVAC mechanic) - HVAC installer (Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning installer) mechanic
UAE Industry Groups:
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi