37-Real estate agents and property managers
Real estate agents and property managers
Arrange the sale, purchase, rental and lease of real property, usually on behalf of clients on a commission basis.
Plan, direct, or coordinate the selling, buying, leasing, or governance activities of commercial, industrial, or residential real estate properties. Includes managers of homeowner and condominium/body corporate associations/bodies, rented or leased housing apartments, units, buildings, or land (including rights-of-way). Maybe required to be licensed, registered or certified to be permitted to work by a government authority, agency or approved certifying body.
Job activities and tasks include:
- obtaining information about properties to be sold or leased, the circumstances of their owner and the needs of prospective buyers or tenants
- showing properties to be sold or leased to prospective buyers or tenants and explaining terms of sale or conditions of rent or lease
- facilitating negotiations with tenants and owners on rents and fees
- drawing up leasing and sale agreements and estimating costs
- arranging signing of lease agreements and transfer of property rights
- collecting rent and bond monies on behalf of owner and inspecting properties before, during and after tenancies
- ensuring the availability of workers to perform maintenance of the properties
Higher specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Typically, work irregular hours, including weekends and evenings. It may include working and communicating with the public and with associated professionals, such as builders, developers, services contractors, lawyers and solicitors, conveyancing specialists, banking, brokerage houses or local government personnel.
Diploma in real estate and property sales/management, or related field of work including but not limited to economics, finance, business or law, higher qualification or equivalent
3 - 5 years and above
Dubai Property, Souroh, Mubadala, Masdar, Aldar, Emar
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:Estate agent - Property manager - Realtor - Salesperson (real estate)
Examples of some related occupations:
Mortgage clerk - Lease administration supervisor - On-Site manager - Resident manager - Leasing manager - Apartment manager - Business broker - Real estate consultant - Real estate agent - Real estate sales representative - Stock and station agent - Strata managing agent - Body corporate services manager