2-Supply, distribution and related managers
Supply, distribution and related managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate the storage or distribution operations or transport of goods, products,materials, chemicals, stock, cargo, livestock or people.
Supply, distribution and related managers plan, direct and coordinate passenger transportation systems and facilities and the supply, transportation, storage and distribution of products, goods, stock, materials, livestock and/or people either as the manager of a department or as the general manager of an enterprise or organization that does not have a hierarchy of managers. It may also include managing a range of services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety, as well as examining existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs or directing the movement, storage, or processing of inventory. Additionally, it encompasses the use of sophisticated integrated management information systems.
Job activities and tasks include:
- determining, implementing and monitoring purchasing, storage and distributionstrategies, policies and plans
- preparing and implementing plans to maintain required stock levels at minimum cost
- negotiating contracts with suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements
- monitoring and reviewing storage and inventory systems to meet supply requirementsand control stock levels
- overseeing the dispatch of road vehicles, trains, vessels or aircraft
- operating recording systems to track all movements of goods, and ensuring re-orderingand re-stocking at optimal times
- liaising with other departments and customers concerning requirements for outwardgoods and associated forwarding transportation
- overseeing the recording of purchase, storage and distribution transactions
- establishing and managing budgets, controlling expenditure and ensuring the efficientuse of resources
- establishing and directing operational and administrative procedures. planning and directing daily operations
- overseeing the selection, training and performance of staff.
Advanced specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice.
Purchasing managers, buyers, and purchasing agents career opportunities is expected to grow. Typically work normal business hours, in offices or sometimes in areas where the products they supply might be used. May also travel domestically or internationally to find suppliers.
Bachelor degree in purchasing, business or economics or relevant field of work/discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.
5 - 7 years and above
ADNOC Group, Abu Dhabi Distribution Company, Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation, Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC), Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC), Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTC), Etihad Rail, Masdar, Mubadala Oil and Gas
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Bus station manager - Logistics manager - Railway station manager - Railway station master - Purchasing manager - Supply and distribution manager - Supply chain manager - Transport company manager - Urban transit system manager - Warehouse manager
Examples of some related occupations:
Warehouse Manager - Distribution Manager - Distribution Centre Manager - Shipping Manager - Cold Storage Supervisor - Customer Service Manager - Distribution Operation Manager - Supply Chain Director - Global Supply Chain Director - Supply Chain Vice President - Load Out Supervisor - Shipping Supervisor - Stores Supervisor - Train Master - Transportation Manager - Freight Coordinator - Transportation Director - Fleet Manager - Traffic Manager - Train Operations Manager - Integrated Logistics Programs Director - Logistics Solution Manager