145-Interior designers and decorators
Interior designers and decorators
Interior designers plan and design spaces in residential, commercial, retail and leisure environments.
Interior designers and decorators plan and design commercial, industrial, public, retail and residential building interiors to produce an environment tailored to a purpose, taking into consideration factors that enhance living and working environments and sales promotion. They coordinate and participate in their construction and decoration.
Job activities and tasks include:
- determining the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
- researching and analyzing spatial, functional, efficiency, safety and aesthetic requirements
- formulating design concepts for the interiors of buildings
- preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations and plans to communicate design concepts
- negotiating design solutions with clients, management, suppliers and construction staff
- selecting, specifying and recommending functional and aesthetic materials, furniture and products for interiors
- detailing and documenting selected design for construction
- coordinating the construction and the decoration of interiors
- designing and painting stage scenery
- designing and decorating show windows and other display areas to promote products and services
Specialist knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work and/or discipline
Interior Designers are employed across several industries including professional, scientific and technical services, retail trade, manufacturing, and construction. Typically work regular business hours, although there maybe requirements for weekend work or evenings, to attend to clients. They tend to spend most of their time working in offices and often travel to visit clients and other related establishments or sites. Work may be stressful on occasion when aiming to meet specific client deadlines.
Diploma in arts and design majoring in interior design, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
2 - 3 years and above
Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Company, Municipality of Abu Dhabi, Mohammed Bin Rashid Housing Est.!!
Less than 5,000
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Display decorator - Interior decorator - Set designer - Window dresser - Visual merchandiser
Examples of some related occupations:
UAE Industry Groups:
Arts, entertainment, multimedia and ITC applications
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi