Photograph subjects or news worthy events, using still cameras, colour or black-and-white film, and variety of photographic accessories.
Photographers operate still cameras to photograph people, events, scenes, materials, products and other subjects. Photographers may be self?employed or employed by photographic companies, multimedia houses or large organizations.
Job activities and tasks include:
- taking photographs for advertising, or other commercial, industrial or scientific purposes and to illustrate stories and articles in newspapers, magazines and other publications
- taking portrait photographs of persons and groups of persons
- studying requirements of a particular assignment and decide on type of camera, film, lighting and background accessories to be used
- determining picture composition, making technical adjustments to equipment and photograph subject
- operating scanners to transfer photographic images to computers
- operating computers to manipulate photographic images
- adapting existing photographic images to create new digitized images to be included in multimedia products
- using airbrush, computer or other techniques to create the desired visual effect
Knowledge of techniques, principles and equipment of modern photography including still, motion, colour, and black and white photography,
Photographers need to have a good sense of colour, and good hand-eye coordination and reflexes. They also need to be reasonably fit as they may have to carry heavy cases of equipment.
Certificate in photography or related field of work, higher qualification or equivalent.!!
2 - 3 years and above.
Emirates Palace Hotel, National Consultative Council, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Company, Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTC)
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Aerial photographer - Commercial photographer - Industrial photographer - Photo-journalist - Photographer - Portrait photographer - Scientific photographer
Examples of some related occupations:
Film camera operator - Video camera operator - Electronics mechanic - Photographic equipment repairer - Photogravure photographer - Photolithographer