Research, design, develop, test, commission or supervise the manufacture, installation, modification, augmentation and/or maintenance of electronic systems including materials, products and processes for commercial, industrial, military, domestic and/or scientific use.
Electronics engineers conduct research on, design, and direct the construction functioning, maintenance and repair of electronic systems and study and advise on technological aspects of electronic engineering materials, products or processes. They also test and/or commission electronic components and systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use employing knowledge of electronic theory and materials properties. Design electronic circuits and components for use in fields such as telecommunications, aerospace guidance and propulsion control, acoustics, or instruments and controls.
Job activities and tasks include:
- advising on and designing electronic devices or components, circuits, semi-conductors, and systems
- specifying production or installation methods, materials and quality standards and directing production or installation work of electronic products and systems
- establishing control standards and procedures to ensure efficient functioning and safety of electronic systems, motors and equipment
- organizing and directing maintenance and repair of existing electronic systems and equipment
- designing electronic circuits and components for use in fields such as aerospace guidance and propulsion control, acoustics, or instruments and controls
- researching and advising on radar, telemetry and remote control systems, microwaves and other electronic equipment
- designing and developing signal processing algorithms and implementing these through appropriate choice of hardware and software
- developing apparatus and procedures to test electronic components, circuits and systems
Advanced specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Work with senior administrators, peer engineers (civil, mechanical, electrical, telecommunications and/or computer scientists) and various workers in the business, building and construction, fabrication and manufacturing industries. They advise employers, associates or clients and consult with scientists, industrial designers, contractors, engineering consulting companies and architects.
Bachelor degree in electronics engineering or relevant discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 - 7 years and above
ADNOC, Abu Dhabi Quality and Conformity Council, Taweelah Asia Power Company
More than 5,000 and less than 30,000
Higher than the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Computer hardware engineer - Electronics engineer - Instrumentation engineer
Examples of some related occupations:
Telecommunications Engineer - Design engineer - Engineer - Test engineer - Electronics engineer - Product engineer - Engineering manager - Electrical design engineer - Integrated circuit design engineer (IC Design Engineer) - Evaluation engineer - Research and Development Engineer (R&D Engineer)
UAE Industry Groups:
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi