Research the systems and procedures an organization or client uses, and decide if and how IT systems and computer applications could be used to improve business efficiency and productivity.
Systems analysts conduct research, analyze and evaluate client information technology requirements, procedures or problems, and develop and implement proposals, recommendations, and plans to improve current or future information systems. They analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. They may also analyze or recommend commercially available software. Maybe required to be certified to be permitted to work on IT systems, software and applications by a manufacturer/certifying body to assure warranty or access to the product/service.
Job activities and tasks include:
- consulting with users to formulate and document requirements and with management to ensure agreement on systems principles
- identifying and analyzing business processes, procedures and work practices
- identifying and evaluating inefficiencies and recommending optimal business practices, and system functionality and behaviour
- taking responsibility for deploying functional solutions, such as creating, adopting and implementing system test plans
- developing functional specifications for use by systems developers
- expanding or modifying systems to improve work flow or serve new purposes
- coordinating and linking the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility
Higher specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Work in offices and may travel to see clients in their workplaces with regular work hours, but they may be required to work evenings and weekends to meet deadlines on projects. They may also travel locally, nationally and internationally to attend conferences and seminars.
Bachelor degree in information and communications technology, business information systems or related field of work, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
4 years and above
Injazat Data System, Emirates Post Holding Group, Abu Dhabi Airport Company, Dubai International Airport, Road Transport Authority, Statistics Centre - SCAD, Department of Economic Development, Department of Transport, Ministry of labour, Ministry of economy, Injazat Data System, Al Taif, Advanced Integrated Systems, Dubai eGovernment Department
More than 5,000 and less than 30,000
Examples of job titles:
Business analyst (IT) - Systems consultant - Systems designer (IT) - Computer scientist
Examples of some related occupations:
Analyst programmer - Computer systems consultant - Computer analyst - Information systems analyst (ISA) - Applications analyst - Systems engineer - Computer systems analyst - Systems designer
UAE Industry Groups:
Arts, entertainment, multimedia and ITC applications
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi