130-Graphic and multimedia designers
Graphic and multimedia designers
Use their creativity, knowledge and experience of design and technology to create information and communication technology products such as creative collaterals, DVDs, CD-ROMs and websites with the aim of educating and entertaining the user by generating and manipulating graphics, animations, sound, text and video to create integrated multimedia programs.
Graphic and multimedia designers design visual and audio-visual content for the communication of information using print, film, electronic, digital and other forms of visual and audio media or multimedia applications. They also create graphics, special effects, animation, or other visual images for use in computer games, movies, music videos, multimedia applications, print media and advertisements, as well design or create such to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, or logos. They may use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects. Multimedia applications include computer-based interactive learning, data presentation and information kiosks, CD-ROMs, entertainment and educational products, and multimedia presentations.
Job activities and tasks include:
- determining the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
- undertaking research and analyzing functional communication requirements
- formulating design concepts for the subject to be communicated
- preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations and layouts to communicate design concepts
- designing complex graphics and animation to satisfy functional, aesthetic and creative requirements of the design brief
- creating two-dimensional and three-dimensional images depicting objects in motion or illustrating a process, using computer animation or modelling programs
- negotiating design solutions with clients, management, sales and production staff
- selecting, specifying or recommending functional and aesthetic materials and media for publication, delivery or display
- detailing and documenting the selected design for production
- supervising or carrying out production in the chosen media
Higher specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Works with clients and other peer designers and work is usually completed in conjunction with producers of form (i.e., printers, signmakers, etc.) and undertaken in order to convey a specific message (or messages) to a targeted audience. May be required to hold certificates in skills such as Photoshop, Illustrator, IN Design, other graphic and multimedia design software programs, applications and/or systems.
Bachelor degree in arts and design or related field of work/discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.
3 year and above
Media Zone Authority, AL Futtaim Group, Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority, Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTC)
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Animator - Digital artist - Graphic designer - Illustrator - Multimedia designer - Publication designer - Web designer
Examples of some related occupations:
Graphic designer - Graphic artist - Interior architect - Interior designer - Designer - Creative director - Artist - Visual artist - Design director - Composing room supervisor - Creative manager - Desktop publisher - Graphic designer/production - Analyst (Information Technology) - Games developer - Programmer (Information Technology) - Instructional designer - Author-based programmer - Computer-based graphic designer - Digital video-sound editor - Multimedia developer - Web designer/developer - Web developer