Stock clerks maintain records of goods produced and production materials received, weighed, issued, dispatched or put into stock.
Receive, store, and issue materials, equipment, and other items from stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard. Keep records and compile stock reports.
Job activities and tasks include:
- arranging and controlling receipt and dispatch of goods and keeping relevant records
- maintaining stock records, verifying issue of goods, estimating needs and making requisitions of new stocks
- receiving, storing and issuing tools, spare parts, or various equipment and maintaining relevant records
- weighing goods received or produced, or for issue or dispatch and maintaining relevant records
- compiling inventories of furniture and other items received for storage
- may also include: loading and unloading stock, goods, parts, equipment, plant and the like encompassing driving forklift to load and unload trucks, planes, ships, containers non-climate controlled and climate-controlled environments, pallets, security cages and stow as required
- may also include: working with bills of lading and pick lists and conducting supporting and accurately entering transactions in SAP (or equivalent) Inventory system to update records
Knowledge of warehousing principles, concepts, techniques, procedures and requirements including material coding
Work in a variety of office, agricultural, commercial and industrial settings including stockyards, warehouses, logistics and transport offices, transport sector, industrial, commercial and property offices and government agencies. Work is typically full-time but may also be part-time. Typically employed by a variety of manufacturing and processing companies and retail and wholesale warehousing operations.
Secondary School Certificate, Diploma in materials administration/stock control or related field, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
2 years and above
Dubai Ports, Au Dhabi Ports Authority, transport and logistics companies, Supply chain management companies, Stock farms
More than 5,000 and less than 30,000
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Freight clerk - Dispatch clerk (stock) - Stock clerk - Storeroom clerk - Weighing clerk
Examples of some related occupations:
Shipping clerk - Warehouse clerk - Supply clerk - Mail clerk - Receiving clerk - Procurement clerk - Inventory control clerk - Distribution clerk - Material and warehouse control clerk
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi