128-Statistical, finance and insurance clerks
Statistical, finance and insurance clerks
Compile and tabulate facts or numerical data such as costs, sales, life related expectancy probabilities and volume for use in data processing or statistical studies as well may assist actuaries in insurance companies in determining risk options.
Statistical, finance and insurance clerks obtain, compile and compute statistical or actuarial data or perform clerical tasks relating to the transactions of insurance establishments, banks and other financial establishments.
Job activities and tasks include:
- processing insurance enrolments, cancellations, claims transactions, policy changes and payments
- obtaining and compiling statistical or actuarial data based on routine or special sources of information
- calculating totals, averages, percentages and other details and presenting them in the required tabular form
- preparing financial documents, and calculating interest or brokerage charges and stamp duties payable
- maintaining records of bonds, shares and other securities bought or sold on behalf of clients or employer
Knowledge of economic, financial, insurance and actuarial principles and practices, the insurance and financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial, insurance and/or actuarial data and plans
Work in a variety of office settings, including financial offices, insurance offices, real estate offices, pensions and actuarial offices, commercial and property offices and government agencies. Work is typically full-time but may also be part-time.
Secondary School Certificate, Diploma in finance, statistics, actuarial or accounting or related field, higher qualification or equivalent.
2 years and above
Insurance companies, large corporations and public accounting firms, Government, Banks and investment firms, Educational Institutions, Arab Orient Insurance Company, Green Crescent Insurance Company, Abu Dhabi National Insurance Company!!
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Actuarial clerk - Brokerage clerk - Finance clerk - Insurance clerk - Securities clerk - Statistical clerk
Examples of job titles:
Statistical technician - Trade broker - Accounts clerk - Bookkeeping clerk - Claims examiners - Valuation clerk - Insurance policy information clerk - Insurance premium rater - insurance - Financial proof clerk - Insurance, property and equipment clerk - Property clerk - Insurance rater - Real estate clerk