125-Bank tellers and related clerks
Bank tellers and related clerks
A bank teller and related clerks helps customers look after their personal and business banking needs.
Bank tellers and related clerks deal directly with clients of banks or post offices in connection with receiving, changing and paying out money, or providing mail services. They are responsible handling deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and bill/loan payments; making out money orders, producing and cashing certified cheques and travellers? cheques; calculating and making foreign currency exchanges; processing loans and investments; and accurately processing routine transactions at a bank.
Job activities and tasks include:
- process customer cash deposits and withdrawals, cheques, transfers, bills, credit card payments, money orders, certified cheques and other related banking transactions
- crediting and debiting clients? accounts
- paying bills and making money transfers on clients? behalf
- receiving mail, selling postage stamps and conducting other post office counter business such as bill payments, money transfers and related business
- changing money from one currency to another, as requested by clients
- making records of all transactions and reconciling them with cash balance
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services; This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
Bank tellers are responsible for quickly and accurately processing routine transactions that customers conduct at banks. Tellers are usually trained on the job. Tellers? hours vary from limited part-time to full-time. Employment in some branches may require working evenings and weekends. Tellers may be on their feet or seated for most of the working day. The work can be pressured during busy periods.
Secondary School Certificate, Certificate in banking or related field of work, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
2 year and above.
Hilal Bank, Emirates NBD, Dubai Islamic Bank
More than 30,000
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Post office counter clerk - Money changer - Bank teller
Examples of job titles:
Cashier - Banker - Customer service representative - Information clerk - Personal financial services specialist - Personal banking representative - Teller
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi