122-Legal and related associate professionals
Legal and related associate professionals
Perform support functions in courts of law or in law offices.
Legal and related associate professionals undertake clerical and administrative duties for courts of law or law offices. They provide services related to such legal matters as insurance contracts, the transferring of property and the granting of loans and other financial transactions or conduct investigations for clients. It may include preparing docket of cases to be called, securing information for judges, and contacting witnesses, attorneys, and litigants to obtain information for the court and maintaining order in the court.
Job activities and tasks include:
- documenting court proceedings and judgements
- serving statements of claims, summonses, warrants, subpoenas and other court orders
- maintaining order in court and hearing rooms
- preparing legal documents including trial briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills and contracts and preparing, papers summarising legal positions, or setting out conditions of loans or insurance
- investigating facts, assembling evidence and researching relevant statutes, decisions and other legal documents to prepare cases
- advising clients on legal matters
- examining documentation such as mortgages, liens, judgements, easements, contracts and maps in order to verify properties? legal descriptions and ownership
- preparing documents relating to transfer of real estate, stocks or other matters requiring formal registration
- investigating possible cases of theft of goods, money or information from business establishments and of other possible cases of unlawful behaviour by customers or employees
Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards pertaining to the field of legal related work in the UAE and/or specific Emirates
Typically work in courts of law or law offices and work regular office hours. In some instances may be required to travel to serve summonses or execute warrants, as required. Often are the liaison between the magistracy, legal practitioners and members of the public.
Diploma in paralegal associate or related field of work, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
3 years and above.
Abu Dhabi Judicial Department, Private Lawyer Companies, Norton Rose Group, UAE and Emirate courts, Private Security companies, Department of Economic Development, Municipality/Local government titles offices
Less than 5,000
Higher than the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Administrative secretary - Correspondence assistant - Personal assistant - Court reporter - Executive assistant
Examples of some related occupations:
Executive secretary - Secretary (general) - Medical transcriptionist
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi