118-Business services agents not elsewhere classified
Business services agents not elsewhere classified
Develop, establish, manage and maintain business contacts and sell or solicit business products, goods and services.
This unit group covers business services agents not classified elsewhere. For instance, the group includes those who establish business contacts, sell business services such as advertising space in the media, arrange contracts for performances of athletes, entertainers and artists, for the publication of books, the production of plays, or the recording, performance and sale of music sell property and goods by auction and who design and organize package and group tours. They develop business contact lists and networks and build and maintain client relations to improve sales or influences. They also conduct marketing, client communications, information research and development, and other activities as required such as supporting the growth of an organization client base. Maybe required to be licensed, registered or certified to be permitted to work by a government authority, agency or approved certifying body.
Job activities and tasks include:
- obtaining information about services to be sold and needs of prospective buyers
- negotiating contracts on behalf of seller or buyer and explaining terms of sale and payment to client
- signing agreements on behalf of seller or buyer and ensuring that contract is honoured
- making sure that the business service purchased is made available to the buyer in the agreed format at the agreed time
- selling by auction various kinds of property, cars, commodities, livestock, art, jewellery and other objects
- organizing group tours for business or vacation travel and making bulk travel and accommodation bookings
Specialist knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work and/or discipline
Typically work regular business hours, although there maybe requirements for weekend work or evenings, to attend client meetings/events. They tend to spend most of their time working in offices and often travel to visit clients and other related establishments or sites. They may also be required to attain a given quota of sales within a set time frame, which can lead to pressurised work and stress.
Diploma in sales/business administration, or related field of work, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
2 - 3 years and above.
Du, Etisalat, C4 Advanced Solutions, Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC), Etihad Rail, Dubai International Airport, Auction houses, TwoFour54, Gulf News Broadcasting
Less than 5,000
Examples of job titles:
Auctioneer - Advertising salesperson - Literary agent - Musical performance agent - Sports agent - Theatrical agent - Tour operator
Examples of some related occupations:
Tour manager - Energy brokers - Account manager - Advertising account representative - Directory advertising sales representative
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
- Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes
- Cost Estimators
- Business Operations Specialists, All Other
- Customs Brokers
- Online Merchants
- Financial Specialists, All Other
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Risk Management Specialists
- Investment Underwriters
- Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts
- Personal Care and Service Workers, All Other
- First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- Advertising Sales Agents
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi