115-Commercial sales representatives
Commercial sales representatives
Represent companies to sell various goods and services to businesses and other organizations and provide product specific information as required.
Commercial sales representatives represent companies in selling an array of commercial, industrial, technical, medical and pharmaceutical products, goods and services. They often sell business to business such as industrial, commercial, retail, professional, health or other establishments. They develop business contact lists and networks and build and maintain client relations and acquire new accounts to improve sales or influences. They also conduct promotional exercises, client communications, information research and development, and other activities as required such to support the growth of an organization client base and sales. They may participate in exhibitions and trade shows and provide informed technical advice. Maybe required to be licensed, registered or certified to be permitted to work by a government authority, agency or approved certifying body.
Job activities and tasks include:
- soliciting orders and selling goods to retail, industrial, wholesale and other establishments
- selling equipment, supplies and related services to business establishments or individuals
- obtaining and updating knowledge of market conditions and of employer?s and competitors? goods and services
- providing prospective customers with information about the characteristics and functions of the products and equipment for sale, and demonstrating its use or qualities
- quoting prices and credit terms, recording orders and arranging deliveries
- reporting customers? reactions and requirements to suppliers and manufacturers
- following up clients to ensure satisfaction with products purchased
Specialist knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work and/or discipline
May work in production areas that are noisy, hot, dusty and, at times, contain fumes. May work regular hours but on a rotating shift-work basis as these workplaces typically operate 24 hours seven days a week. New and developing occupational, health, safety and environmental laws are improving conditions in the workplace and include the introduction of automated remote control rooms and systems, dust and fume extracting machines, air-conditioning and ventilating systems. Work environment is generally spacious and well lit and more often conducted in control rooms/centres.
Certificate in an engineering discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.!!Employers may also seek recent high school graduates for entry-level operator positions with a Secondary School Certificate particularly good results in physics, science and maths.!
3 - 4 years and above.
Abu Dhabi Farms Service Centre, Municipality of Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority
Higher than the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Chemical-heat-treating-plant operator - Chemical-filtering and separating equipment operator - Chemical-still and reactor operator - Chemical process technician
Examples of some related occupations:
Petroleum and natural gas refinery operators - Chemical products plant and machine operators - Process technician - Process Plant Equipment Operator
- Personal Care and Service Workers, All Other
- First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- Sales Representatives, Services, All Other
- Energy Brokers
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Solar Sales Representatives and Assessors
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products