114-Statistical, mathematical and related associate professionals
Statistical, mathematical and related associate professionals
Application of mathematical principles to the collection, analysis, and presentation of numerical data.
Statistical, mathematical and actuarial associate professionals assist in planning the collection, processing and presentation of statistical, mathematical or actuarial data and in carrying out these operations, usually working under the guidance of statisticians, mathematicians and actuaries.
Job activities and tasks include:
- assisting in planning and performing statistical, mathematical, actuarial, and related calculations
- preparing detailed estimates of quantities and costs of materials and labour required for statistical census and survey operations
- performing technical tasks connected with establishing, maintaining and using registers and sampling frames for census and survey operations
- performing technical tasks connected with data collection and quality control operations in censuses and surveys
- using standard computer software packages to perform mathematical, actuarial statistical accounting and related calculations
- preparing statistical, mathematical, actuarial, accounting and other results for presentation in graphical or tabular form
- applying knowledge of statistical, mathematical, actuarial, accounting and related principles and practices in order to identify and solve problems arising in the course of their work
- supervising the work of statistical clerks
Higher specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Work in offices with regular hours. They may travel locally, nationally or internationally to visit or meet clients/stakeholders and to undertake research. They may also attend conferences and seminars.
Diploma in statistics, mathematics or related discipline, higher qualification or equivalent. May require Bachelor or Master?s in statistics or mathematics or related fields.
Required Work Experience:
3 years and above.
NASDAQ Dubai, Abu Dhabi Quality and Conformity Council, Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange, Department of Finance, UAE Central Bank, Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange
Less than 5,000
Higher than the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Actuarial assistant - Mathematical assistant - Statistical assistant
Examples of some related occupations:
Actuary - Mathematician - Statistician - Accounting assistant - Statistical Clerk
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi