112-Credit and loans officers
Credit and loans officers
Analyze and evaluate financial information on applications for credit and loans and determine approval or disapproval of the client for the credit or loan or recommend to management approval or disapproval.
Credit and loan officers evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of commercial, real estate, or credit loans. They assess the viability and credit risk of the prospective business and consumer loan proposal, and review controls, and also process and establish the applications and accounts. They also advise borrowers on financial status and payment methods. Includes mortgage loan officers and agents, collection analysts, loan servicing officers, and loan underwriters.
Job activities and tasks include:
- interviewing applicants for personal, mortgage, student and business loans
- researching and evaluating loan applicant?s financial status, references, credit and ability to repay the loan
- submitting credit and loan applications to management with recommendations for approval or rejection
- approving or rejecting loan applications within authorized limits ensuring that credit standards of the institution are respected
- keeping records of payments, and preparing routine letters requesting payment for overdue accounts and forwarding these for legal action
- completing credit and loan documentation
Sales ability, good interpersonal and communication skills
Typically, work regular office hours. They may have to work longer hours at busy times. Banking, lending, or sales experience is highly valued by employers.
Diploma in finance, economics or a related field, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
2 - 3 years and above.
National Bank of Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, Al Masraf (erstwhile ARBIFT), Union National Bank, Commercial Bank of Dubai, Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC, Emirates!NBD Bank, Emirates Islamic Bank, Mashreq Bank PSC, Sharjah Islamic Bank, Bank of Sharjah!
More than 5,000 and less than 30,000
Examples of job titles:
Loans officer - Mortgage officer
Examples of some related occupations:
Financial institution branch manager - Branch manager - Mortgage loan officer - Relationship manager - Commercial loan officer - Mortgage loan originator - Business banking officer - Commercial banker - Corporate banking officer - Portfolio manager - Insurance officer
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi