108-Public relations professionals
Public relations professionals
Plan, develop, implement and evaluate information and communication strategies that create an understanding and a favourable view of businesses and other organizations, their goods and services, and their role in the community.
Public relations professionals engage in promoting or creating an intended public image for individuals, groups, or organizations. May write or select material for release to various communications media. They often deploy a range of mediums to achieve an effective two-way flow communication of information between the organization(s) and its target group(s). May prepare and arrange displays, make speeches or work to create new sales opportunities on a local, national and/or international level.
Job activities and tasks include:
- planning and organizing publicity campaigns and communication strategies
- advising executives on the public relations implications of their policies, programs and practices preparing and controlling the issue of news and press releases
- undertaking and commissioning public opinion research, analyzing the findings and planning public relations and promotional campaigns
- organizing special events, seminars, entertainment, competitions and social functions to promote goodwill and favourable publicity
- representing organizations and arranging interviews with publicity media
- attending business, social and other functions to promote the organization
- commissioning and obtaining photographs and other illustrative material
- selecting, appraising and revising material submitted by publicity writers, photographers, illustrators and others to create favourable publicity
Higher specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Usually work regular business hours, but may work additional hours than normal to meet deadlines. They typically work in offices may travel locally, nationally or internationally to meet suppliers, designers and media staff from other organizations.
Bachelor degree in advertising, marketing and public relations, business administration or related fields of work, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 years and above.
Emirates Palace Hotel, International Fund for Houbara Conservation, Abu Dhabi Sports Council, Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority, Media Zone Authority, Khalifa Fund, Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTC), Etihad Airways, Emirates Airlines, Dubai Media City
More than 5,000 and less than 30,000
Examples of job titles:
Public relations officer
Examples of some related occupations:
Publicity agent - Press liaison officer - Account executive - Public affairs specialist - Public relations specialist (PR specialist) - Public information officer - Communications director - Communications specialist - Public information specialist - Public relations coordinator - Corporate communications specialist - Media relations specialist - Journalist
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi