107-Advertising and marketing professionals
Advertising and marketing professionals
Develop and coordinate advertising strategies and campaigns, determine the market for new goods and services, and identify and develop market opportunities for new and existing goods and services.
Advertising and marketing professionals devise and coordinate advertising campaigns, which are created to encourage consumers to purchase particular products or services. They discuss clients? requirements, plan, prepare and present advertising campaigns to such clients or for the sale of products or services. Clients may be internal departments, units or divisions or an external organization. They may undertake or organize research analysts, research surveys for clients then analyze and interpret the survey results, write reports, and make recommendations to their clients based on this research.
Job activities and tasks include:
- planning, developing and organizing advertising policies and campaigns to support sales objectives
- advising managers and clients on strategies and campaigns to reach target markets, creating consumer awareness and effectively promoting the attributes of goods and service
- writing advertising copy and media scripts, and arranging television and film production and media placement
- collecting and analyzing data regarding consumer patterns and preferences
- interpreting and predicting current and future consumer trends
- researching potential demand and market characteristics for new goods and services
- supporting business growth and development through the preparation and execution of marketing objectives, policies and programs
- commissioning and undertaking market research to identify market opportunities for new and existing goods and services
- advising on all elements of marketing such as product mix, pricing, advertising and sales promotion, selling, and distribution channels
Higher specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work, discipline and/or professional practice
Usually work as part of a team. They also work closely with their clients, with the usually carried out under pressure to compete for clients? accounts and to meet their requirements within strict deadlines.
Bachelor degree in advertising, marketing and public relations, business administration or related fields of work, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 years and above.
Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority, Media Zone Authority, Khalifa Fund, Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTC), Etihad Airways, Emirates Airlines, Dubai Media City
More than 5,000 and less than 30,000
Examples of job titles:
Advertising specialist - Market research analyst - Marketing specialist
Examples of some related occupations:
Media planner - Art director (Advertising) - Copywriter - Graphic designer - Market researcher - Marketing officer - Sales representative - Advertising, sales and marketing manager
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi