102-Financial and investment advisers
Financial and investment advisers
Financial and investment advisers develop financial plans for individuals and organizations, and invest and manage funds on their behalf.
Financial and investment advisers/planners develop, provide advice and/or implement financial plans for their clients. Some of the areas a financial planner will advise on are: retirement planning, superannuation, debt management, insurance and risk, estate planning, managed investments, securities and futures markets. Financial planners may also specialize in such areas as: ethical investments, loans and mortgage advice, customs and taxation advice and more. Maybe required to be licensed, registered or certified to be permitted to work by a government authority, agency or approved certifying body.
Job activities and tasks include:
- building and maintaining a client base
- interviewing clients to determine financial status and objectives, risk tolerance and other information needed to develop financial plans and investment strategies
- setting financial objectives, and developing and implementing strategies for achieving the financial objectives
- arranging to buy and sell stocks and bonds for clients
- monitoring investment performance, and reviewing and revising investment plans based on modified needs and changes in markets
- recommending and arranging insurance cover for clients
Knowledge of laws, regulations, standards and codes of the UAE and specific Emirates related to the industry sector and more general subjects including OHSE and cultural understanding and awareness
Work in offices, work from their own homes, or may travel locally to visit clients? homes.
Bachelor degree in finance or business administration or related field of work/discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 years and above.
Hilal Bank, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, First Gulf Bank, Masdar, Dubai International Finance Centre, ACUMA
Less than 5,000
Examples of job titles:
Estate planner - Financial planner - Investment adviser
Examples of some related occupations:
Financial dealer/trader - Financial institution branch manager - Insurance broker - Financial advisor - Portfolio manager - Financial planner - Account executive - Registered representative - Investment advisor - Financial consultant - Financial counsellor - Analyst - Certified financial planner (CFP) - Accountant - Actuary - Auditor - Banker - Insurance investigator
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi