Accountants and auditors prepare and examine financial records. They ensure that financial records are accurate and that taxes/customs duties are paid properly and on time.
Accountants plan, organize and administer accounting systems for individuals and establishments. Accountants and auditors assess financial operations and work to help ensure that organizations run efficiently. Some occupations classified here examine and analyze the accounting and financial records of individuals and establishments to ensure accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards and procedures. Maybe required to be licensed, registered or certified to be permitted to work by a government authority, agency or approved certifying body.
Job activities and tasks include:
- advising on, planning and installing budgetary, accounts controlling and other accounting policies and systems
- preparing and certifying financial statements for presentation to management, shareholders and statutory or other bodies
- preparing tax returns, advising on taxation problems and contesting disputed claims before tax officials
- preparing or reporting on profit forecasts and budgets
- conducting financial investigations in such matters as suspected fraud, insolvency and bankruptcy
- auditing accounts and bookkeeping records
- conducting investigations and advising management on financial aspects of productivity, stockholdings, sales, new products, etc
- devising and controlling a system to determine unit cost of products and services
Knowledge of accounting theories, principles, concepts, methods, standards, practices, and terminology
May be required to undertake programs such a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program or equivalent. Maybe required to hold the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification or equivalent and/or professional licenses and certifications related fields.
Bachelor degree in accounting, business, finance, statistics, economics or related fields of work, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 years and above.
Abu Dhabi Accountability Authority, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, Department of Finance, Etihad Rail
Less than 5,000
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles:
Accountant - Auditor - Chartered accountant - Certified accountant - Financial controller - Insolvency trustee - Management accountant - Tax accountant
Examples of some related occupations:
Finance manager - Accounting assistant - Financial analysts - Bookkeeper - Budget analysts
UAE Industry Groups:
Business, administration, tourism, retail and leisure service
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi