Manage, coordinate and monitor the overall construction project working in a main office or in a field office at a construction site.
Construction managers plan, direct and coordinate the construction of civil engineering projects, buildings and dwellings, either as the manager of a department or as the general manager of an enterprise or organization that does not have a hierarchy of managers. Typically, they require sound knowledge of the financial, technological, materials and legal aspects of the building process and must be able to coordinate these aspects. They plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate the construction of civil engineering projects, buildings and dwellings, and the financial, physical and human resources involved in building and construction. Buildings projects include hotels, factories, office blocks, home unit developments, schools, hospitals and housing developments.
Job activities and tasks include:
- interpreting architectural drawings and specifications
- coordinating labour resources, and procurement and delivery of materials, plant andequipment
- negotiating with building owners, property developers and subcontractors involved inthe construction process to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- preparing tenders and contract bids
- operating and implementing coordinated work programs for sites
- ensuring adherence to building legislation and standards of performance, quality, costand safety
- arranging submission of plans to local authorities
- building under contract, or subcontracting specialized building services
- arranging building inspections by relevant authorities
- establishing and managing budgets, controlling expenditure and ensuring the efficientuse of resources
- overseeing the selection, training and performance of staff and subcontractors.
Advanced specialized knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques in field of work,B3 discipline and/or professional practice.
Working out of a main office or out of a field office at the construction site, construction managers monitor the overall construction project. They may work in private organizations such as large construction and development companies or consultancies. Some are employed by government departments and others are self-employed.
Bachelor degree in construction engineering, civil engineering, or relevant field of work/!discipline, higher qualification or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 - 7 years and above
Urban Planning Council, Abu Dhabi Municipality, Souroh, Aldar
More than 5,000 and less than 30,000
Above the industry average
Examples of job titles: Construction project manager - Project builder
Examples of some related occupations: Building construction supervisor - House builder - Building contractor - Civil engineer - Property developer - Project manager - Construction manager - Construction superintendent
UAE Industry Groups:
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Occupations and Careers Handbook for UAE Nationals(Copyright NQA ). Referenced from New York University, Abu Dhabhi