4419-Clerical Support Workers Not Elsewhere Classified
Clerical Support Workers Not Elsewhere Classified
This unit group covers clerical support workers not classified elsewhere in Major Group 4 ?Clerical support workers?. For instance, the group includes proof readers, correspondence clerks, press clippers and publication clerks.
- converting information into codes and classifying information by codes for data-processing purposes
- comparing proofs of texts and related materials prepared for printing with original material, correcting errors and marking texts for printer according to the established rules
- addressing circulars and envelopes by hand
- receiving customers' orders for classified advertising, writing and editing copy, calculating advertising rates and billing customers
- writing business and government correspondence such as replies to requests for information and assistance, damage claims, credit and billing enquiries and service complaints
- assisting in the preparation of periodicals, advertisements, catalogues, directories and other material for publication
- reading newspapers, magazines, press releases and other publications to locate and file articles of interest to staff and clients
This unit group includes
Printer?s proof reader
Other clerical support workers n.e.c.
Source: SINGAPORE STANDARD OCCUPATIONAL CLASSIFICATION 2015, Department of Statistics, Ministry of Trade & Industry, Republic of Singapore