3255-Physiotherapy Technicians and Related Associate Professionals
Physiotherapy Technicians and Related Associate Professionals
Physiotherapy technicians and related associate professionals provide physical therapeutic treatments to patients in circumstances where functional movement is threatened by injury, disease or impairment. Therapies are usually provided according to rehabilitative plans established by a physiotherapist or other health professional.
- administering manual treatments such as massage therapy or pressure point therapy
- administering electrical modality treatments, ultrasound and other physical therapies using specialised techniques and equipment
- instructing, motivating, safeguarding and assisting patients as they practise physical exercises, relaxation techniques and functional activities
- conferring with physiotherapists or other health care providers to evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment
- monitoring and recording patients' progress during treatment, including measuring their range-of-joint motion and vital signs
- fitting patients for orthopaedic braces, prostheses and other physical supportive devices such as crutches, and instructing patients in the use of such devices.
This unit group includes
This unit group excludes
Occupational therapist (2268)
Other physiotherapy technicians and related associated professionals
Source: SINGAPORE STANDARD OCCUPATIONAL CLASSIFICATION 2015, Department of Statistics, Ministry of Trade & Industry, Republic of Singapore