Pharmacy technicians perform a variety of tasks associated with dispensing medicinal products under the guidance of a pharmacist or other health professional.
- preparing medications and other pharmaceutical compounds under the guidance of pharmacists
- dispensing medicines and drugs to clients and giving written and oral instructions on their use, as prescribed by medical doctors, veterinarians or other authorised workers
- receiving prescriptions or refill requests from health professionals and verifying that information is complete and accurate
- maintaining proper storage and security conditions for drugs
- filling and labelling containers with prescribed medications
- assisting clients by answering questions, locating items or referring them to a pharmacist for medication information
- pricing and filing prescriptions that have been filled and establish and maintaining patient records including lists of medications taken by individual patients
- ordering, labelling and counting stock of medications, chemicals and supplies and entering inventory data into records-keeping systems
- cleaning and preparing equipment and containers used to prepare and dispense medicines and pharmaceutical compounds.
This unit group includes
This unit group excludes
Pharmacology technician (3141)
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: SINGAPORE STANDARD OCCUPATIONAL CLASSIFICATION 2015, Department of Statistics, Ministry of Trade & Industry, Republic of Singapore