2523-Computer Network and Infrastructure Professionals
Computer Network and Infrastructure Professionals
Computer network professionals research, analyse and recommend strategies for network infrastructure and development. They also implement, manage, maintain and configure network hardware and software, and monitor, troubleshoot and optimise performance.
- analysing, developing, interpreting and evaluating complex system design and architecture specifications, data models and diagrams in the development, configuration and integration of computer systems
- researching, analysing, evaluating and monitoring network infrastructure to ensure networks are configured to operate at optimal performance
- assessing and recommending improvements to network operations and integrated hardware, software, communications and operating systems
- providing specialist skills in supporting and troubleshooting network problems and emergencies
- installing, configuring, testing, maintaining and administering new and upgraded networks, software database applications, servers and workstations
- preparing and maintaining procedures and documentation for network inventory, and recording diagnosis and resolution of network faults, enhancements and modifications to networks, and maintenance instructions
- monitoring network traffic, and activity, capacity and usage to ensure continued integrity and optimal network performance
- developing of strategies, implementing, configuring and maintaining of virtualisation software within a computer system or a network of computer systems.
This unit group includes
Network/Infrastructure architect, engineer and specialis
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: SINGAPORE STANDARD OCCUPATIONAL CLASSIFICATION 2015, Department of Statistics, Ministry of Trade & Industry, Republic of Singapore