Accountants plan, organise and administer accounting systems for individuals and establishments. They examine and analyse the accounting and financial records of individuals and establishments to ensure accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards and procedures.
- advising on, planning and installing budgetary, accounts controlling and other accounting policies and systems
- preparing and certifying financial statements for presentation to management, shareholders and statutory or other bodies
- preparing tax returns, advising on taxation problems and contesting disputed claims before tax officials
- preparing or reporting on profit forecasts and budgets
- conducting financial investigations in such matters as suspected fraud, insolvency and bankruptcy
- auditing accounts and bookkeeping records
- conducting investigations and advising management on financial aspects of productivity, stockholdings, sales, new products, etc.
- devising and controlling a system to determine unit cost of products and services
This unit group includes
This unit group excludes
Assistant accountant (3313)
Accountant (excluding tax accountant)
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: SINGAPORE STANDARD OCCUPATIONAL CLASSIFICATION 2015, Department of Statistics, Ministry of Trade & Industry, Republic of Singapore