Legislators determine, formulate and direct government policies and make, ratify, amend or repeal laws, public rules and regulations.
- presiding over or participating in the proceedings of parliament
- determining, formulating and directing government policies
- making, ratifying, amending or repealing laws, public rules and regulations
- investigating matters of concern to the public and promoting the interests of the constituencies which they represent
- as members of the government, directing senior administrators and officials of government departments and statutory boards in the interpretation and implementation of government policies
This unit group includes
Member of parliament
Legislators who are principally engaged in other full-time occupations are classified in the group appropriate to their main occupations and not here.
Source: SINGAPORE STANDARD OCCUPATIONAL CLASSIFICATION 2015, Department of Statistics, Ministry of Trade & Industry, Republic of Singapore