Refuse sorters identify, collect and sort discarded items suitable for recycling at dump sites and recycling enterprises or in buildings, streets and other public places.
- searching through refuse and collecting items for recycling from dump sites, domestic, commercial and industrial premises or from public places such as streets
- sorting cardboard, paper, glass, plastic, aluminium or other recyclable materials by type
- placing recyclable items and materials in designated compartments and containers for storage or transportation
- identifying and setting aside items of furniture, equipment, machinery, or components that are suitable for repair or re-use
- transporting recyclable items by hand or using non-motorized vehicles selling recyclable or reusable materials.
Refuse sorter/ Recycling worker/ Waste picker/ Scrap merchant
Merchant, scrap/Picker, recycling/Sorter, garbage/Sorter, recycling/Sorter, refuse
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2441