Freight handlers carry out tasks such as packing, carrying, loading and unloading furniture and other household items, or loading and unloading ship and aircraft cargoes and other freight, or carrying and stacking goods in various warehouses.
- packing office or household furniture, machines, appliances and related goods to be transported from one place to another
- carrying goods to be loaded on or unloaded from vans, trucks, wagons, ships, or aircraft
- loading and unloading grain, coal, sand and similar goods by placing them on conveyor-belts, pipes, etc.
- connecting hoses between main shore installation pipes and tanks of barges, tankers and other ships to load and unload petroleum, liquefied gases and other liquids
- carrying and stacking goods in warehouses and similar establishments
- sorting cargo prior to loading and unloading
Docker/ Freight handler/Coalman
Porter (goods-loading / cold-storage/ food/fruit market/ warehouse/ shop) (Fish/meat)
Mover/Remover (Furniture/ household goods)
Loader (aircraft/ ship (also gasses/liquids)/ cargo/ furniture)/ Stevedore / Longshoreman
Loader, railway and road vehicle
Attendant, airport: handling baggage/Handler, baggage/Loader, boat/ Unloader, freight
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2434