9312-Civil engineering labourers
Civil engineering labourers
Civil engineering labourers perform routine tasks in connection with the building and maintenance of roads, railways, dams and other civil engineering projects.
- digging and filling holes and trenches using hand held tools
- shovelling and spreading gravel and related materials
- trimming and cutting rocks and concrete and bitumen surfaces using jack-hammers
- loading and unloading construction materials, excavated material and equipment and transporting them around construction sites using wheelbarrows and hand trucks
- cleaning worksites and removing obstructions.
Chainman (surveying)/ Clearer, (land)/ Cleaner (karez)
Labourer, digging (ditch/trench)/ Labourer, well (Lube/water)
Mucker (except mine)/ Shoveller
Labourer, maintenance/ construction (dams/roads)/ Roadman (surveying)
Labourer, plate layer (railways)/ Trackman, railway/ Repairman, track
Cooly, rig/ Labourer, earthmoving/ tube well
Digger (ditch/trench/ karez)/ Gore kun (grave digger)
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2428