Forestry labourers perform simple and routine tasks to cultivate and maintain natural and plantation forests,
and logging, felling and sawing trees.
- digging holes for tree planting
- stacking and loading logs and timber
- clearing undergrowth in forest stands and thinning young plantations
- maintaining look-out for fires in forests
- removing major branches and tree tops, trimming branches and sawing trunks into logs
- operating and maintaining manual and hand held machine saws to fell trees and cut felled trees and branches into logs
- collecting seeds, and planting seedlings
- performing minor repairs and maintenance of forest roads, buildings, facilities, and equipment.
Stump-grubber/ Tree planter/ Axeman
Worker, timber: forestry
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2425