8332-Heavy truck and lorry drivers
Heavy truck and lorry drivers
Heavy-truck and lorry drivers drive and tend heavy motor vehicles to transport goods, liquids and heavy materials over short or long distances.
- driving and tending a heavy motor vehicle, such as a lorry with or without trailer or a dump-truck, to transport goods, liquids or heavy materials over short or long distances
- determining the most appropriate routes
- ensuring goods are stowed and securely covered, to prevent loss and damage
- assisting with or carrying out loading or unloading operations, using various lifting or tipping devices
- carrying out minor maintenance to vehicles, and arranges major maintenance and repairs
- estimating weights to comply with load limitations, and ensuring the safe distribution of weights.
Operator, shuttle-car (mine/quarry)
Driver( concrete mixer/ garbage truck/ heavy goods vehicle/ road train/ semitrailer/ trailer-truck/ train: road/ truck: heavy)
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2409