8312-Railway brake, signal and switch operators
Railway brake, signal and switch operators
Railway brakers, signallers and shunters take charge of and safeguard railway freight trains during runs, control the movement of railway traffic by operating signals, switch rolling stock and make up trains in railway yards, make up trains for hauling in mines and control their movement.
- taking charge of and safeguarding freight train during run
- controlling flow of railway traffic over section of line by operating signals and switches from control panel or signal box
- switching and coupling rolling stock in railway yards and sidings in accordance with orders about loading, unloading and make-up of trains
- making up trains for hauling by locomotive or cable and directing their movement along haulage ways in a mine or quarry
- checking train systems and equipment such as air conditioning and heating systems, brakes and brake hoses prior to train run.
Brakeman/Breaker, (railway yard/ train)
Cabin man/ Flagman/ Pointsman/ Ballast man (railway)
Coupler/ Trainman/ Switch tender (railway yard)/ Guard ( goods train)
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2405