8311-Locomotive engine drivers
Locomotive engine drivers
Locomotive-engine drivers drive, or assist in driving, locomotive engines to transport passengers and freight.
- driving or assisting in driving a steam, electric or diesel-electric locomotive engine
- driving an underground or elevated passenger train
- driving a locomotive to haul carriages underground or on the surface of a mine or quarry
- watching for track hazards, observing signals and indicator gauges
- operating communications systems to communicate with train crews and traffic controllers to ensure safe operation and scheduling of trains.
Driver, train (elevated/underground)
Motorman, underground or elevated train
Driver, engine (mine/quarry)
Driver, locomotive (mine/quarry)
Driver( metropolitan railway/ monorail/ subway)
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2404