8172-Wood processing plant operators
Wood processing plant operators
Wood processing plant operators monitor, operate, and control automated lumber mill equipment for sawing timber logs into rough lumber, cutting veneer, making plywood and particle board, and otherwise preparing wood for further use.
- examining logs and rough lumber to determine size, condition, quality and other characteristics to decide best lumber cuts to carry out, or operating automated equipment to convey logs through laser scanners which determine the most productive and profitable cutting patterns
- operating and monitoring log in-feed and conveyor systems
- operating and monitoring automated lumber mill equipment from control rooms or equipment consoles head saws, resaws and multiblade saws to saw logs, cants, flitches, slabs or wings and remove rough edges from sawn timber into dressed lumber of various sizes, and saw or split shingles and shakes
- operating and monitoring plywood core-laying machines and hot-plate plywood presses and machines which cut veneer
- cleaning and lubricating sawmill equipment.
Kiln-operator (wood seasoning)/ Trimmer, board/ Gluer, veneer sheet
Machine-operator, wood (boring/ cutting/ drilling/ milling/ planning / sawing / seasoning/ shaping/ shaving / tempering / dryer /treating / processing)/ clipping (veneer)/ plywood core laying
Operator, (wood-processing plant/ glue kitchen)
Press-operator, (veneer/ plywood/ hot-plate (plywood)
Assembler, plywood panel
Operator(barker/ chipper: wood/ lathe: cutting (veneer)/lathe: cutting (wood)/ lathe: veneer/ machine: cutting (veneer)/planer: sawmill/ press: plywood/ press: veneer/ press: waferboard/ saw: circular/ sawmill/ trimmer: sawmill)
Press-operator, plywood/Sawyer, edge/Sawyer, sawmill/Sawyer, wood processing plant
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2396