8157-Laundry machine operators
Laundry machine operators
Laundry machine operators operate laundry, dry cleaning, pressing and fabric treatment machines in laundries and dry-cleaning establishments.
- sorting articles for cleaning according to the type colour, fabric and cleaning treatment required
- placing sorted articles into receptacles and onto conveyor belts for moving to repair and cleaning areas
- checking and removing stains from garments, and replacing buttons and making minor repairs
- loading and unloading washing machines, driers and extractors
- adding cleaning agents and starches to articles
- smoothing articles and guiding them through cleaning and pressing machines
- stopping and starting machines to untangle, straighten and remove articles
- placing articles on shelves and hanging articles for delivery and collection
- packaging articles and preparing orders for dispatch.
Machine-operator, (drying/ shrinking/ damping/ dry-cleaning (laundering/laundry)/ washing (laundry)/ (dry jug/ pressing)/ washing (cloth/yarn)
Press-operator, steam (laundry), Pressman (textile), Scourer/ Mangler
Operator, cleaning equipment: laundry
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2392