8153-Sewing machine operators
Sewing machine operators
Sewing machine operators operate and monitor sewing machines to make, repair, darn and renovate textile, fur, synthetic or leather garments or embroider ornamental designs on garments or other materials. They operate button hole making and eyelet holing machines to cut holes, stitch around holes, stitch buttons and fix eyelets to garments.
- operating or tending sewing machines to perform garment sewing operations, such as joining, reinforcing, seaming or decorating garments or garment parts
- attaching buttons, hooks, zippers, fasteners, or other accessories to fabric, using feeding hoppers or clamp holders
- tending semiautomatic sewing machines with multiple-sewing heads controlled by pattern chain that embroiders various designs on garments
- operating machines, such as single or double needle serging and flat-bed felling machines, to automatically join, reinforce, or decorate material or articles
- operating fur sewing machines to join fur pelt strips to required size and shape and join pelts into garment sections or shells
- operating stitching machines to sew leather parts together for leather garments, handbags, gloves
- monitoring machine operation to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions
- performing equipment maintenance tasks such as replacing needles.
Machine-operator ( sewing (upholstery /embroidery/hats/fur)/garments/ textile products))
Machine-operator, sewing (leather /leather garments and gloves)
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2388