Wood treaters operate and tend wood treatment processing equipment and machines to remove bark from logs, produce wood chips, season, preserve and treat wood, and produce waferboards, particleboards, hardboards, insulation boards, plywood, veneers and similar wood products.
- operating and tending kilns, treating tanks and other equipment to dry lumber, prepare and season wood and other wood products, and to treat chemically and impregnate wood products with preservatives
- monitoring equipment operation, gauges, and panel lights in order to detect deviations from standards and to ensure that processes are operating according to specifications
- assisting in maintaining processing equipment and machines as required
- cleaning, lubricating and adjusting equipment
- transporting materials and products to and from work areas, manually or using carts, hand trucks, or hoists
- completing and maintaining production reports.
Grader/ Seasoner/ Impregnator/ Treater(wood)
Foreman(wood preserving/ treating)
Tankman (wood treating)
Worker, wood incising
Dipper, wood treatment/Impregnator, wood
Operator( kiln: dry (wood)/ kiln: lumber/ machine: painting (wood)/ machine: seasoning (wood)/ machine: tempering (wood)/ machine: treating (wood)/ tank: timber treating)
Tender, veneer dryer/Wood worker, treating/Worker, wood: treating
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2361