7413-Electrical line installers and repairers
Electrical line installers and repairers
Electrical line installers and repairers install, repair and join electrical transmission and supply cables and related equipment.
- installing and repairing overhead and underground electrical power and electrical traction lines
- making joints in overhead and underground cables
- adhering to safety practices and procedures, such as checking equipment regularly and erecting barriers around work areas
- opening switches or attaching grounding devices to remove electrical hazards from disturbed or fallen lines or to facilitate repairs
- climbing poles or using truck-mounted buckets to access equipment
- identifying defective sectionalizing devices, circuit breakers, fuses, voltage regulators, transformers, switches, relays, or wiring, using wiring diagrams and electrical-testing instruments.
Foreman, line (electrical)
Layer, cable (underground)
Worker, cable/line/wire (electric power (overhead/underground)
Worker, cable/line/wire (electric traction (overhead cables)
Trolleyman, aerial way
Plumber-jointer, electric cable
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2352