Sheet metal workers make, install and repair articles and parts of articles made out of sheet metal such as sheet
steel, copper, tin, brass, aluminum, zinc or galvanized iron.
- marking sheet metal for cutting and shaping
- making and repairing household utensils and other articles in tin, copper and light alloys, or ornamental articles and fittings
- making and repairing boilers, tanks, vats and similar containers
- installing and repairing sheet-metal parts of vehicles and aircraft
- converting blueprints into shop drawings to be followed in the construction and assembly of sheet metal products
- determining project requirements, including scope, assembly sequences, and required methods and materials, according to blueprints, drawings, and written or verbal instructions
- inspecting product quality and installation to ensure conformance to specifications.
Marker/cutter /foreman ,/ Worker (aircraft/ furniture/ household articles/ instruments/ornamental/vehicle) ( sheet-metal)
Foreman/plater/ repairman (boiler maker)
Smith(boiler/ copper/ tin)
Beater/ denter (sheet metal/vehicle/aircraft)/ Bodybuilder, vehicle: metal
Boilermaker/Builder, body: vehicle (metal)/Maker, boiler/Panelbeater
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2327