7115-Carpenters and joiners
Carpenters and joiners
Carpenters and joiners cut, shape, assemble, erect, maintain and repair various types of structures and fittings made from wood and other materials.
- making, altering and repairing structural and other woodwork at a work-bench and on a construction site
- constructing, erecting and installing heavy-framed wooden structures on building sites
- fitting, assembling and altering internal and external fixtures of buildings, such as walls, doors, door and window frames, facings and panelling
- making, repairing and fitting scenic equipment for theatrical performances, motion picture or television productions
- constructing, assembling, altering and repairing wooden fixtures and fittings in train coaches, aircraft, ships, boats, floats, and other vehicles.
Carpenter (bridge/ construction/ maintenance/ mine ) / joiner (construction)
Builder(aircraft body)/ barge/boat(wood)/shipwright (wood)
Maker, mast and spar(wood)
Carpenter(finish/joiner)/ Tarkhan / joiner(aircraft,ship,banch)
Fixer(wood)/Foreman, carpenter(ship &boat)
Boatbuilder, wood/Fitter, shop/Framer/Installer, door/Installer, window: frame Joiner/Shipwright, wood/Shopfitter
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2313