Security guards patrol or monitor premises to guard property against theft and vandalism. They control access to establishments and maintain order and enforce regulations at public events and within establishments.
- patrolling premises and checking doors, windows and gates to prevent and detect signs of unauthorized entry
- controlling access to establishments, monitoring and authorizing the entrance or departure of employees and visitors, checking identification and issuing security passes
- circulating among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order, protect property from theft or vandalism and enforce the regulations of the establishment
- responding to alarms, investigating disturbances and contacting superiors, police or fire-fighters as appropriate
- performing security checks of passengers and luggage at airports
- picking up and ensuring the safe delivery of cash and valuables to banks, automated teller machines and retail establishments.
Guard (security)/ Guard (art gallery/museum/ studio/ plant protection (industrial)
Inspector/ Officer/ Sergeant/ Incharge, (security/ watch and ward)/ Supervisor (gate/guard)
Watch and ward/ Patrolman (security)
Doorkeeper/ Watchman/ Concierge (hotel desk)
Watchman (night)/Barkandaz/Keeper, gate/Munshi gate
Bouncer/Concierge, hotel/Consultant, security/Specialist, security (except computer)
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2289