5329-Personal care workers in health services not elsewhere classified
Personal care workers in health services not elsewhere classified
This unit group covers personal care workers in health services not classified elsewhere in Minor group 532 Personal care workers in health services. For instance the group includes occupations such as Dental aid, Sterilization aid, Hospital orderly, Medical imaging assistant, and Pharmacy aid.
In such cases tasks would include
- cleaning and sterilizing surgical, dental and pharmaceutical instruments bottles, beakers and other equipment
- labelling drugs, chemicals and other pharmaceutical preparations and replenishing stock on shelves
- lifting, turning, and moving patients and transporting them in wheelchairs or on moveable beds
- preparing patients for examination or treatment
- setting up instrument trays, preparing materials, and assisting dentists or radiographers during procedures
- exposing diagnostic X-rays.
Aid/ Attendant (dental)
Assistant, medical imaging
Attendant, first aid/ward
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2285